2013 16 Days Campaign
This year’s campaign drives us to reconnect with the positive power in all of us to prevent violence against women. We bring this theme to life with the slogan, “Power! We all have it! How are you using yours?”
The 2013 regional theme focuses on redefining power between women and men. We will challenge common societal beliefs and practices that promote men’s power over women and identify positive alternatives.
In solidarity with 125 organizations from 20 countries throughout the region, our goal is to explore the ways in which we all have power, and how we can use it positively to create happy and healthy relationships and communities.
The kit will include:
- a full color poster with a discussion guide,
- VAW Purple Ribbons,
- a prevent VAW sticker,
- a quick chat activity for use while distributing the ribbons and sticker,
- a drama, an interactive exercise for service providers,
- tips for successful collaborative events,
- a press release guide,
- talking points for media engagement,
- a PowerPoint presentation for engaging policy makers, and
- a staff training session guide to get prepared for the campaign!
This year, we also translated the full color poster into more than 10 languages to increase momentum around the region. Take a look:
Download the 2013 Campaign Report here.