2011 16 Days Campaign
Everyone, Everyday, Every way: Prevent Violence Against Women Your Way
Our recently concluded ‘reloaded’ 16 Days was a call out to everyone to take individual actions to prevent violence against women and create positive change. Across the region, organizations carried out different activities to celebrate this theme. In order to inspire continued activism beyond 16 Days, the Network developed two Action and Advocacy Kits this year!
Kit One contained:
- Full color posters
- Quick chat posters
- A guide to introducing 16 Days of Activism
- A guide to planning a mural event
- A community conversation guide
- T Shirts
- In Her Shoes Toolkit for Reflecting on Violence Against Women in Sub-Saharan Africa: In Her Shoes is a brand new resource and powerful activism tool for increasing understanding of VAW amongst staff, partners, service providers and community members. It is an easy-to-use methodology which inspires deep reflection, dialogue, and action amongst diverse audiences by allowing them to “walk in the shoes” of ten different women experiencing all forms of violence against women.
- 2012 calendar: The“Activism Is…” calendar contains 12 different ideas (one for each month) for activism which everyone can do to prevent violence against women, every day, in every way.
- Stickers: Place these around your office, town, or community as another visual reminder to take action today to prevent violence against women.