2009 16 Days Campaign
The theme this year is Happy and Healthy Relationships are Violence Free! centering on the all benefits of non-violent relationships for individuals, families and our communities.
Each of the selected organizations will receive Action and Advocacy Kits containing:
- A Press Release
- A campaign launch guide that can be used by organizations and institutions at all levels to plan a dynamic launch of their campaigns
- It’s in your hands flyer that provides suggestions for ways in which individuals can take action in their relationships and their communities to create happy and healthy relationships.
- Is your relationship violence free poster and discussion questions highlighting the benefits of happy, healthy and non-violent relationships.
- Session guide for training staff of organizations involved in GBV prevention on using a benefits based approach
- Drama sketch: A drama story line highlighting the benefits of non-violent relationships along with Drama tips
- Purple Ribbons to be worn throughout the campaign period with the message ‘Prevent Violence against Women’
- SMS Campaign involving members, partner organizations and other stakeholders during the campaign period.
Read the report on the campaign here.