2008 16 Days Campaign
Our Strength is the Solution: Communities can Prevent Sexual Violence.
The regional 2008 theme was “Our Strength is the Solution: Communities can Prevent Sexual Violence.” During the campaign, the Network collaborated with 30 organizations who each received an Action and Advocacy Kit to promote activism in their area.
Each of the selected organizations received an Action and Advocacy Kit full of the following exciting materials:
- Up to 200 full color posters calling for commitment from everyone to prevent GBV
- Up to 3000 “Prevent Violence Against Women” purple ribbons with information about them
- A press release about sexual violence
- A community organizing seminar guide with activities and information for community activisim around the prevention of sexual violence
- Ideas for quick chats around marital rape and masculinity
- Information on how to get involved in the SMS Campaign to send and receive action-related text messages throughout the 16 Days
Download report on the campaign here.