2007 16 Days of Activism Campaign
I Commit to Preventing Violence against Women! Speak out! Reach out! Stand out!
For the 2007 campaign organizations from Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Namibia, and South Africa successfully collaborated in the campaign to create awareness, discuss practical solutions and draw commitment for the prevention of GBV in the region. The regional theme was “I Commit to Preventing Violence against Women! What about you? Speak out! Reach out! Stand out!” The campaign was intended to focus on individual action from all stakeholders.
The Network had 23 participating member organizations.
Each of the selected organizations received an Action and Advocacy Kit containing:
- Up to 300 full color posters emphasizing members’ commitment to preventing gender-based violence
- Two thousand purple ribbons wrapped with explanatory text to be used for the 16 Days of Activism Campaign
- Sixty postcards depicting community members commitment to the prevention of violence against women
- One press release on the 16 Days of Activism campaign to be used for print and electronic media
- One power point presentation detailing pertinent issues with regard to violence against women
Learn more about the 2007 campaign here.