Rwenzori Community Development Foundation (RCD Foundation)
+256 782 362573
Kyakaigo, Harugongo Road, Kabarole District
P.O. Box: 941
At Rwenzori Community Development Foundation, we envision an empowered society, free of poverty and disease where women, men and children are able to economically sustain themselves, uphold and fulfill their potential, co-exist peacefully and live in harmony with the natural environment. Our mission, therefore, is to promote efforts of the marginalized minorities in communities, poor and vulnerable women, children and men to understand the HIV/AIDS scourge, live in co-existence and harmony, conserve the natural environment and be able to cope with their socio-economic challenges through building their capacity and advocating for their rights.
1. To build the capacity of communities to develop sustainable community-based initiatives in response to HIV/AIDS and its effects, especially among the community in the Rwenzori region.
2. To design, and implement programmes and activities intended to protect and manage the natural environment and promote sustainable development.
3. To create community awareness on the democratization processes and development, good governance and human rights in Uganda.
4. To promote peaceful coexistence and conflict resolution among the local community people in the region.
5. To promote food security for households and awareness about good health, sanitation and nutrition for vulnerable groups of people.
6. To access youth with adequate information and services on adolescent reproductive health, sexuality, HIV/AIDS, STDs, condom use, teenage pregnancy, particularly in rural communities and minority individuals.
7. To equip the vulnerable groups of people with knowledge and skills in savings, vocational training, income generating activities and sustainable agricultural practices for a better livelihood.