Msichana Mwafrika Agenda
000 254 720 653582
P.O. Box: 1214-01000
“The Msichana Mwafrika envisions a just, compassionate and equitable world in which all people, regardless of their gender, class, age, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability may live free of poverty, violence, and all forms of discrimination. Each person and all peoples are guaranteed their fundamental human rights – civil, cultural, economic, political, and social. Women everywhere have a voice, have choices, and are able to realize their full potential within their societies.
Our mission: The Msichana Mwafrika plays a leading role in advancing women’s rights by making grants that support and strengthen women’s groups around the world. We mobilize and redistribute resources that enable women to develop creative solutions to local, regional, and transnational challenges. We bring grantees and donors together in an international network that promotes women’s action for social change, equality, peace, and justice worldwide.
– End wars and conflicts and eliminate rape and sexual abuse
– Ensure physical and emotional security for women and children in public and private life
– Ensure economic security and environmental justice
– Enhance wellness and respect for sexual and reproductive rights
– Advance and ensure more equal participation in public and political life
– Equal access to socially and intellectually inclusive education
– Build a pervasive culture of equality and participatory democracy”