Gambol School Road
Type of Organization/Institute
Non-governmental organization (NGO)
Action Somalia was established in February 2015. Action Somalia operates in the Puntland Regions, and Somalia at large and is involved in improving livelihoods/Food Security, Good Governance/ROL, WASH, Protection, Durable Solutions and Reintegration, Rural & Urban Livelihood, Education, peace building & Conflict resolutions and Youth Programs on vocational skill training (Youth at Risk)
Action Somalia’s work is anchored on a programming approach that recognizes the essence of the communities taking leadership in their own development. Interventions by Action Somalia do not relegate the communities to be mere recipients of aid, but significant partners in formulation and execution of strategies that address their needs, therefore, attaining sustainable positive change in their lives through development and relief initiatives. Action Somalia believes in participatory development which utilizes both men and women including people with disabilities capabilities and provides equal opportunities for all people.
Building partnerships to improve quality of community lives through environmental conservation, equitable access to quality education, health and humanitarian services
We are committed to reduction of poverty and all its vices especially- ignorance, illiteracy, diseases and dehumanizing/harmful cultural practices, and gender-based violence to pave way for a dignified and empowered community across Somalia.
• Implementation of integrated sustainable development projects that are community managed, with special concern for vulnerable women and destitute children.
• Emergency response to women and children afflicted by natural and man-made disasters.
• Advocacy for change of unjust socio-economic and political structures that affect the communities it works with.
• Information sharing and awareness creation on the rights of women and the girl child.
• Rural & Urban Livelihood programs that will improve the living standard of vulnerable Somali families.