Every Girl Has a Right to Access Education. What Action Will You Take to Keep Girls in School?
Every year the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence Campaign coordinated by the Center for Women’s Global Leadership heightens awareness of gender-based violence as a human rights violation across the globe. The global campaign is focusing on the right to education in situations of violent conflict and relative peace, and in various education settings.
At the regional level, the GBV Prevention Network will focus on the retention of women & girls in the education system. The campaign will explore how discrimination and experiences of violence constrain girls’ ability to remain in and/or benefit from the current education system. Members of the Network will urge leaders and community members to ensure girls remain in school and complete their education.
Want to join the activism across the region? Apply now to receive the Action and Advocacy Kit. Selected organizations will receive a kit filled with a diverse range of materials for their activism on the issues mentioned above. Click here to apply for the kit. Deadline for application is Friday 25th August 2017. Please note that members who received a Kit for the 2016 campaign and did not submit reports are not eligible to receive the Kit this year.
The Action and Advocacy Kit
This year’s GBV Prevention Network’s 16 Days of Activism Action and Advocacy Kit contains the following materials that organizations will use for their activism:
- Up to 200 full color posters
- A Poster Discussion Guide aimed at facilitating discussions within your community
- “Prevent Violence Against Women” purple ribbons
- “Prevent Violence Against Women” bandanas for your public events
- A Campaign Information Sheet
- A Worksheet for organizations to tailor the campaign to the reality of their context
- A Campaign Activity Guide that suggests creative activities that organizations can use to prioritize the retention of girl’s in school
- Media Talking Points
Click here to apply for the Action and Advocacy Kit. Deadline for application is Friday 25th August 2017. Eligible countries include those based in the Horn, East and Southern Africa. For further clarifications write to email@example.com